Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bought a new to me TD-12

So a few weeks ago I bought a new (to me) TD-12 as an upgrade to my TD-9.  Let me first say, wow!  I love this thing.  Its amazing how much better it sounds than my TD-9 and the crazy amount of customizations you can do.

One thing I am a little disappointed in is the community surrounding the TD-12.  There really doenst seem to be many people that like to share their customized kits.  There is even a company out there (vexpressions) that sells the config files.  I'm a bit shocked that people actually pay for configurations they could do themselves and simultaneously curious as to how good the kits are.  The few kits i found online that others have shared really werent that great, so im quite skeptical.

This has led me to want to get much more involved in the vdrum community and to try to encourage others to share their kits.  I'm not sure how much storage wordpress will let me use up, but i would like to start a post on here to start sharing the syx (sysex) files that contain the custom kits so that others can use them.

If im feeling really bored, i also want to recreate the vdrumlib software and make it freeware, as i think something like this should be readily available to the masses for free, not something you have to pay 20 bucks for.

 

If youve stumbled across this post, and have some kits you want to share, please comment and share them!!!  I will be starting a new thread that just contains customized kits and will keep it up to date with all user provided kits.  I will link to that post from here when it gets created.

 

Thats all for now...  -Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment